Monday, June 6, 2011

Letter to Z! Two Years Ago Today!

Dear Z,

Two years ago today, you relinquished your son!  I will never know the pain you went through to make that grueling decision.  I may never know the reasons for your decision, but all I can say is—thank you!  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be his mother.  Without your significant sacrifice, I would never have had him in my life.  And you must know that my life has truly changed for the better.  Do you know that you are a topic of conversation around our home?  Do you know what his future would hold when you painfully released him?  Could you have imagined that we would write you letters on his birthday, Mother’s day, and the day he and I became a family?  Do you know that we pray for you in our nightly prayers?  You are truly a part of our family and that will never change!

Thank you for allowing me to raise him.  I know that thank you isn’t enough. It can never be enough!  It will NEVER be enough.  Having been his mom for 16 months, I know that having to part with him would be unthinkable, but you did indeed do just that.  Your overwhelming love for him is more powerful than my simple words can convey.  Your devotion to his well being cries out every time I look into his eyes.  I wonder how much he looks like you!  I wonder when/if I will ever be able to hug you, tell you how much I love and appreciate you, and then hug you some more!  I dream of the day that I will be able to tell you that you to your face are one of my heroes.  I wait for/long for/look forward to the day that K will be able to hug you too!  

So again, two years ago today, you made one of the toughest decisions that you probably will ever make and for that, I have to again say…thank you!  Thank you a thousand times!

Eh-wud-ish-ha-lo Z!

No comments: