Monday, June 6, 2011

Even on my worst day…

Not sure how you think your day is gonna go when, within the first 2 hours of waking up, you have to change the sheets due to urine.  No… it doesn’t end there!  You have to change K’s clothes dues to a kah kah incident and you have to change your own clothes due to urine spray from a zany 3 year olds penis.  Didn’t look like it would be a promising day, right?  That’s a tough wake up/start to the morning.  Happy Friggin’ Tuesday!

However, on our way to school, while K is pointing out all the amazing things we see on our way to school/work (police cars, tractors, school buses, delivery trucks, airplanes and the like), I saw a mom walking out of the Motel at the corner of Katella and Glassell with her 3 kids.  While I was at the stoplight, I saw her walk into the Chevron to buy her kids breakfast before school.  She was holding their hands and they were laughing really hard.  It touched me!  No, I don’t know her circumstances.  No, I don’t know anything about her, but I have seen this same mom several times walking with her kids and I was reminded that even on my worst morning, the morning where I get pee’d on, the morning where my son gets crap all over the place, the morning where the sheets are full of pee and I have to change them and the mattress pad—I am truly blessed. 

I am blessed, not with things, but with family and friends who love me.  I am blessed to have a son who is awesome in every way (even in his DefCon1 moments).  I am blessed to have a community who understands what I am going through as a mom to a black son.  I am blessed to have a great job and work with amazing people.  I am just so blessed.  I just want to live in an attitude of gratitude.  Let me NEVER forget whom I have in my life.  Let me never forget, that no matter where life takes me, my life is awesome!

No comments: