Monday, June 6, 2011

Cooper Jack Did It!

I have to give a disclaimer that really, Cooper Jack hasn’t done ANYTHING, but he has become K’s home/car/Nana and Grandpa’s house scapegoat.  Maybe I should back up and give the foundation to this! 
K goes to school full time.  He is friends with a boy who happens to be named Cooper Jack.  In normal 3 year old rough housing/playing way, I “think” that Cooper Jack may have hit K like one time during a space/laser/monster/car crash scenario, and now—he is K’s scapegoat!  

I noticed a pattern at home when K would break something or drop something.  His immediate response was “Cooper Jack did it!”  Ironically enough, I would have to remind him that Cooper Jack doesn’t live in our house and hasn’t even ever been here, so how could Cooper Jack have done it?  I would get the “I don’t know look” and consequences/punishment would ensue!    

Oh, but it gets better.  Sadly, it’s so funny when K tries to blame him that others have joined the “Cooper Jack did it” movement.  Now I blame Cooper Jack for things.  My dad blames Cooper Jack for things.  Poor kid!  He is getting blamed for things all over this town!  In all honesty, I have met him like seven times and is a sweet kid who is a normal, active 3 year old boy.  He and K are friends.  They play together and get along as well as any 3 year olds can.  So I know it isn’t fair to blame him, so for that I apologize.  Yet, even with the apology, I know you want to know what Cooper Jack has “done” according to K (this is the short list), right?

Broken the screen door (both upstairs and down)

Flushed the toilet more than once

Dropped his cup full of juice

Broke his adjustable waistband on his new shorts

Broke and entire box of brand new crayons in half

Ate my dinner while I was on the phone with his doctor

Threw a ball in the house that knocked something over

Said “potty talk” (as if I didn’t just hear him say the words)

Left his clothes out (one of his chores is to pick up his own clothes)

Dropped his plate of pizza on the floor and just left it there

Took our Easter card that we were supposed to give to Nana and Grandpa and hid it in his tent (I found it on Mother’s Day and gave it to them)

Spilled water on his shirt because he refused to use two hands

Moved the chlorine dispenser for our Jacuzzi and I couldn’t find it

Unscrewed the handles on the kitchen drawers

Poured water on the floor from the bathtub

So… as you can see, my son thinks that he is getting away with some things.  Oh, K, I so know your tricks!  Been there!  Tried that!  Go sit in the time out chair son!!!  Cooper Jack doesn’t live here!!!

No comments: