Monday, October 3, 2011

Tuesday Truth-day! September 20, 2011


*I will use each Tuesday to rat myself out about something!  It’s all in good fun and I am sure that these “truth-day” revelations won’t be things people don’t already know about me!
I get really frustrated when people want to give me parenting advice.  I know I have only been a Mama for 19 months, but give me some credit.  Really, give me some!  I am trying to figure it out just like you.  And let me just say, “Old Lady who has raised 4 kids 45 years ago, a lot has changed since then!” Also, my kid isn’t from my womb, I have a whole different set of issues to deal with than you child who probably doesn’t have abandonment issues or dealing with race issues or dealing with the IRS questioning if I “really” have a son even after I have supplied them with his US Birth Certificate and all my paperwork or dealing with people’s weird/stupid/ignorant questions about his “real” parents or how much he “cost”.  So… please just know that we are a family built through love.  We love each other forever.  And please keep your advice to yourself—unless I ask!  Just know, I know how to ask for help!

No comments: