Monday, February 6, 2012

Post Surgery Thoughts


I had emergency surgery!  It wasn’t planned and I wasn’t prepared to be laid up in excruciating pain for a week!  But it happened.  Five years ago, I had major intestinal issues.  Well, they came back!!!  Once I got under the anesthesia—whoopsie, you have hernia also!  Let’s just get that while we have you on the table!
So, here are some thoughts that I have had while laying in bed this week:
It takes just 2 days for my armpit hair to become pretty offensive to me!
Does anesthesia make your leg hair grow faster?
You don’t care if you shower when you hurt ALL OVER!
You don’t care about brushing your teeth!
You don’t care how your hair looks when you hurt ALL OVER!
Once you do take a shower, do you care that the only deodorant at your parent’s house is Old Spice Sport?  Nope!
How badly do you want a Q-tip when you can’t have one/can’t find one? Just askin’!
There were a bunch of other non-coherent ideas and conversations and thoughts in my head while on Morphine, but…I will keep those to myself.

No comments: