Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First time out the gate

So I guess that since I have started the journey to become a PAP, I must start blogging. Well, I don't know that I must, but I have seen how therapeutic it is for other PAPs and heck, why not. Well, I have finally narrowed down my search to choosing an agency. Now all I have to do is find a Home Study agency that isn't crazy. Yeah, I said it--crazy! some of these places require so many hoops while I read about others that say "We work with you, not against you!" Uh, then why does the place down the street sound angry?! I don't know, I am sure that I will find the right fit and once I do, I will know for sure.

Also, is it just me, or should I be telling more people about becoming a PAP? Is it the same thing that women go through when they don't want to tell people during their first trimester, just to make sure? Since I am single and have no bio kids--I don't know. Maybe I should ask some of my friends who have kids why they don't share the news until after the first three months. I guess I just want to be further along in the process before I start telling everyone about my plans. Am I afraid of what they will think? Do I care? Who knows.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Char! I told everyone now I wish I didn't. Not because I care what they think, but because I am tired of them asking me questions about why I am moving so slow. Life happens you know. I thought everyone would be happy for me but everyone is not. I wish I would have done a little more observation of people before I blurted it out. I wish I would have kept just a little more of it for me. i have always been a what you see is what you get type of a person but not everyone appreciates that or even believes it so it ends up biting me in the rear so I'm learning to keep a little bit just for me. I'm learning to keep this private time (I know it doesn't seem like it does it based on my blog...lol) just a bit more private for me and my baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your journey to becoming a mommy! What agency are you with?